Saint Simon Parish School is seeking a Part- time middle school math teacher for the remainder of the 2022-2023 school year. Saint Simon Parish School is located in Los Altos, California, serving over 500 students in preschool through eighth grade. The school was established in 1961 and remains a leader in innovative Catholic elementary education in Silicon Valley. We were named a 2021 National Blue Ribbon School. We strive to build a welcoming community, grounded in academic excellence, where students are guided by Catholic values, encouraged to discover and develop their talents and inspired to lead lives of service. Interested candidates should review the job description and qualifications below and contact Ann Kozlovsky at email@example.com.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plan, implement, monitor, and assess a comprehensive middle school math program which is consistent with the school’s goals and objectives based on assessment of student needs.
• Be supportive of a faith-filled Catholic environment in both words and actions.
• Maintain and demonstrate strong classroom management skills in accordance with the school’s philosophy and classroom rules to achieve a productive learning environment.
• Provide instruction for students with diverse learning needs, including accelerated learners, and have a willingness to implement the necessary accommodations in order to help them be successful.
• Possess knowledge of the California Common Core Standards and experience with pacing guides.
• Integrate technology into the curriculum regularly to enhance student learning.
• Cover assigned staff duties, including recess and lunch supervision, as well as other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the school administration.
• Maintain absolute confidentiality over student and institutional information.
• Bachelor’s degree is required, and a masters is preferred
• A valid CA teaching credential is preferred
• Experience in working with middle school students and understanding the developmental stages for this age group is preferred
• Have a strong work ethic and a passion for education.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail (1) cover letter and (2) resume to Mrs. Ann Kozlovsky, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.