St. Christopher School is seeking a middle school math/science teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. St. Christopher School is located in the Willow Glen neighborhood of San José serving 500 students in grades K-8.
Established in 1955, St. Christopher School is a Catholic educational community within St. Christopher Parish. St. Christopher School is dedicated to educating children to become faith-filled leaders who serve God, consider their actions, and step up. Centered on the message of Jesus Christ, the school promotes the growth of students’ faith life, community responsibilities, and individual talents.
Interested candidates should review the job description and qualifications below and contact the school principal, Andrew Armann, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan, implement, monitor, and assess an academic program consistent with Diocesan and local site goals, and philosophies.
- Employs a variety of educational techniques to teach children, providing a diverse learning environment for all learners and managing accommodations for students when needed.
- Directs student needs to improve their social competencies and build self-esteem.
- Sets goals and tracks children’s progress, providing feedback to students and parents on a regular basis.
- Acts as a positive role model and maintains a professional attitude.
- Uses positive communication skills both in and out of the classroom.
- Maintain a positive professional image consistent with the mission and values of St. Joseph School and the Diocese of San Jose.
- Ensure student safety, health, and maintain classroom tidiness.
- Participate in curricular and extra-curricular school programs, assessment, and development activities, school functions, student supervision and staff meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, and a masters is preferred.
- A valid CA teaching credential is preferred.
- Experience in working with middle school students and understanding the developmental stages for this age group is preferred.
- Have a strong work ethic and a passion for education.
- Experience teaching math/science preferred.
- BS/BA in education or relevant field
- Strong belief in whole-child education
Salary Range: $61,000 – $97,000 per year based on education and experience.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to school Principal, Andrew Armann, at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org