Queen of Apostles School is looking for a Middle School Language Arts Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year.
Queen of Apostles School is located in San Jose, CA in the heart of Silicon Valley. The staff is committed to transforming Catholic education with an academically rigorous, cutting-edge approach to education in the Diocese of San Jose. Queen of Apostles root beliefs center around faith first, collaboration, partnership, meeting students where they are, and a Never Give Up attitude.
- Serve as a full-time instructor of literature, grammar, vocabulary and writing to 6th-8th grade students
- Be supportive of a faith-filled Catholic environment in both words and actions, including working with the parish
- Assist with instruction for students with diverse learning needs, including accelerated learners, and have a willingness to implement the necessary accommodations in order to help them be successful.
- Possess knowledge of the California curriculum and content standards, as well as have demonstrable knowledge of Common Core Standards (including CA Common Core) and experience with pacing
- Have a genuine openness to grow and adapt effectively to feedback
- Have experience working in a collaborative environment with several other enrichment teachers, all faculty, staff, and administration
- Integrate technology and differentiated instruction to motivate and engage students in the learning process
- Be flexible and creative
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate student progress
- Be open to participating in various school committees outside of the classroom responsibilities
- Be able to work as a team and distribute duties with the instructional aide in the classroom
- Implement strong classroom management skills that are inclusive and restorative
- Participate in curricular and extra-curricular school programs, assessment and development activities, student supervision, and meetings.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree is required
A teaching credential or one that is in the process of being obtained is required.
Salary will be determined in consultation with the Diocese of San Jose teacher salary scale.
Interested candidates should contact Stefanie Hoover, Principal at 408-252-3659 or email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org