Saint Simon Parish School
Saint Simon Parish School is seeking a part-time middle school math teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. Saint Simon Parish School is located in Los Altos, California, serving 500 students in grades preschool through eighth grade. The school was established in 1961 and remains a leader in innovative Catholic elementary education in Silicon Valley. We were named a 2021 National Blue Ribbon School in the Exemplary High Performing category. We strive to build a welcoming community, grounded in academic excellence, where students are guided by Catholic values, encouraged to discover and develop their talents, and inspired to lead lives of service. Interested candidates should review the job description and qualifications below and contact Ann Kozlovsky, at email@example.com.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, monitor, and assess an academic program consistent with Diocesan and local site goals, philosophies, and California Common Core Standard.
- Manage homeroom responsibilities and activities for one middle school class.
- Strong classroom management skills for students in grades 6-8
- Excellent technology skills and proficiency in integrating technology into the curriculum regularly to enhance student learning.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and administration to assess and address student and professional needs.
- Participate in curricular and extra-curricular school programs, assessment and development activities, student supervision, and meetings.
- Communicate regularly with parents regarding standards, objectives, and student progress within the instructional program.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Carry out all assigned faculty/staff duties in a professional manner.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A valid CA teaching credential is required; however, if a candidate does not presently have a valid CA teaching credential, he or she will be required to obtain one within a time period prescribed by the Diocese of San Jose.
- 2-5 years of teaching experience is preferred.
- An affinity for working with children, especially the understanding of developmental stages within this age group.
- Possess a strong work ethic and a passion for the formation of young minds, hearts, and spirits;
- Possess a genuine willingness to grow and to be an active collaborator.
- Ability to integrate technology into education/curriculum regularly to enhance student learning.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to school Principal, Ann Kozlovsky at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Range: $61,000 – $97,000 per year based on education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com