This position assures that parish buildings are maintained in a clean and orderly manner, and maintenance as required throughout the facilities.
Qualifications and Skills
- Working knowledge of building maintenance and janitorial functions.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Email and basic computer skills required
- Must work following best safety practices at all times, and report any unsafe situations immediately.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Must maintain professional demeanor in a hectic working environment.
- Perform room set up and tear down according to facility usage calendar.
- Building maintenance duties are performed independently, using skills brought to the job.
- Assist the liturgy environment committee as needed.
- Daytime janitorial of parish buildings.
- Other tasks as assigned from time to time by the Business or Office Manager.
- Daily routine and task schedule to be agreed to with the Business or Office Manager.
Requirements (i.e. education, good communication skills, evening/weekend hours, ability to lift 50 lbs.) One year of general building maintenance experience involving plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and mechanical skills; or substituting any equivalent combination of experience and training; physical strength and agility required by the position.
Education and Experience: Two to three years experience in grounds keeping, maintenance and janitorial services.
SALARY RANGE: $17.00 per hour to $21.00 per hour depending on education and experience.
This is a non-exempt, part time, 15 hours a week position,
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.dsj.org.