The job of a Maintenance Worker at Parish is being established to provide maintenance services as needed and/or assigned, assisting in a wide variety of maintenance and janitorial activities, addressing immediate operational and/or safety concerns; assisting skilled trades onsite when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
(including but not limited to)
- Arrange furniture and equipment for the purpose of providing adequate preparations for special events.
- Assist skilled maintenance worker with projects (ie transporting and/or securing materials, completing specific tasks, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects in a safe, efficient manner.
- Performs a wide variety of general and semiskilled maintenance activities (carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects within an established timeframe.
- Install system component parts, office equipment, groundskeeping, and facility components (lighting, plumbing, heating and ventilating systems, alarms, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and workable environment.
- Maintains tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
- Participate in meetings, workshops, and trainings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Maintenance Worker should be able to work independently, anticipating needs and handling requests from the many users of the facility but is also required to work in a team in order to maintain a safe and efficient work environment. This position requires a person who is willing and able to perform routine maintenance and janitorial tasks with the knowledge of basic mechanical, electrical and plumbing skills. Must be able to work well with staff and parishioners.
This position is a 40 hour a week position, Monday – Friday. Must be available on-call for emergencies, evenings and weekends, when needed.
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, walking, reaching, lifting (50 lbs), repetitive motion, bending, stooping, climbing ladders, stretching, twisting, and crouching.
To apply: Please submit your resumes to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org