The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the Central Pastoral Administration and assisting the Facilities staff with their responsibilities. This includes maintaining a safe living and working environment for Staff and Visitors. The Maintenance Technician assists with all aspects of the property’s maintenance including the physical grounds, custodial, preventive, corrective, and emergency. This person is also responsible for supervising the maintenance program to protect and maintain the property. The applicant will be trained in more technical aspect of the job, such as location inspections.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Effectively communicate with Facilities Management staff
- Conduct all maintenance work, service requests, building inspections and preventative maintenance
- Prepare maintenance reports for service requests
- Maintain log of contractor work
- Maintain inventory of equipment, tools and supplies
- Conduct maintenance and repair of fleet automobiles as needed
- Arrange for basic maintenance of grounds (maintain shrubs, flowers, grass, weed control, and mulching)
- Coordinate the service, repair and replacement of appliances as needed.
- Manage pest control and at times provide further assistance between pest control company visits
- Possess basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing and mechanical skills
- Ensure that all work has been completed in a safe, prompt and professional manner
- Provide exceptional service to the Central Pastoral Administration
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective team player with strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with clients in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to lift 30-40 lbs. consistently
- Committed to excellence in following Diocesan policies, procedures, standards and legal requirements
- Must be self-motivated and responsible, ability to work with minimal supervision
- Valid and current driver’s license, with a clean driving record
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday: 7:30am – 4:00pm, including overtime
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum 1-2 years prior professional experiences: office service and/or customer service experience strongly preferred
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to install, service, replace and repair wall molding, caulking, drywall, painting, window screens and blinds, interior and exterior doors, light fixtures, toilets, sinks, vanities and disposals.
- General understanding and ability with Microsoft Office products
- Bilingual speaking and writing preferred but not required.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, printers and filing cabinets. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
To Apply: Send your resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com