Saint Simon Parish School, located in Los Altos, California, was established in 1961 and remains a leader in innovative Catholic elementary education in Silicon Valley. We were named a 2021 National Blue Ribbon School. We strive to build a welcoming community, grounded in academic excellence, where students are guided by Catholic values, encouraged to discover and develop their talents, and inspired to lead lives of service.
We currently have an opening for a lower elementary homeroom teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. The position is full-time. The successful candidate is an energetic, passionate and diligent educator who wants to uphold the mission of the school and be part of this rewarding ministry of Catholic education.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support and uphold a faith-filled, Catholic environment in both words and actions.
- Facilitate growth of students with diverse learning needs and be willing to implement necessary accommodations in order for the student to realize success and extend their learning.
- Possess knowledge of the California curriculum and content standards, as well as have demonstrable knowledge of
- Common Core Standards (including CA Common Core) and experience with pacing guides.
- Exhibit a genuine openness to grow and adapt effectively, to respond positively to coaching and capacity development in a collaborative, high-energy environment.
- Integrate technology into the curriculum to engage students.
- Use a variety of data to respond to student learning needs.
- Effectively and regularly communicate with parents and students regarding relevant classroom engagement opportunities, as well as student growth and achievement.
- Willingly perform assigned supervision responsibilities and after-school meetings and events, in addition to other duties assigned by the school administration.
- Assist with administration and analysis of standardized assessments under the direction of school administration.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality over student, school staff and institutional information.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
- A valid CA teaching credential is required; however, if a candidate does not presently have a valid CA teaching credential, he or she will be required to obtain one within a time period prescribed by the Diocese of San Jose.
- An affinity for working with children, especially the understanding of developmental stages within this age group.
- Possess a strong work ethic and a passion for the formation of young minds, hearts, and spirits;
- Possess a genuine willingness to grow and to be an active collaborator.
- Ability to integrate technology into education/curriculum regularly to enhance student learning.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to school Principal, Ann Kozlovsky at email@example.com
Salary Range: $61,000 – $97,000 per year based on education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org