St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception School
St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception School is Catholic community that fosters and enriches the faith life of its students and provides a quality academic education. In partnership with parents, guardians, educators and the parish, we focus on forming students who are compassionate, who contribute to their own learning and who make connections to their local and global community.
St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception School is seeking a Long-term Kindergarten Substitute Teacher for 2023-2024 school year. St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception School is located in Los Gatos, CA. We serve students in Transitional Kindergarten through 8th grade. St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception School is a Catholic Community that fosters and enriches the faith life of its students and provides a quality academic education.
OPTIMAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE ABILITY TO:
- Implement research based programs that show consistent and continued gains in student learning and mastery of academic skills
- Design and develop an educational environment that accommodates an instructional learning program for students based on individual and group learning styles
- Implement grade-level appropriate instructional techniques to foster self-esteem and academic success for students
- Use academically culturally appropriate resources and curriculum to guide instruction
- Use multiple assessments to identify, monitor, assess, and evaluate academic achievement of students toward mastery of CA State Standards
- Collaboratively develop and responsibly implement individualized educational plans (IEP)
- Facilitate community outreach
- Support and participate in school activities
- Collaborate as a member of an educational professional learning community
- Set up accountability systems for formative assessments and evaluations of progress, achievement, attitude and/or behavior differences of students
- Work with staff, volunteers, tutors, interns, and parents to assist with program implementation.
- Participate in professional in-service training activities and weekly faculty meetings
QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE OF/ABILITY TO:
- Use advanced skills in the development of innovative instructional strategies that actively engage students and have a comprehensive understanding of California Academic Content Standards, demonstrate skills in effective classroom/behavior management, employ differentiated instruction to meet needs of specific student populations (ELD, Special Education, low performing, gifted), use assessment data to guide instruction to support student learning and achievement, implement standards-based curriculum and instruction
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with parents, families and community representatives of students enrolled
- Establish effective working relationships with community agencies in support of educational, social and emotional needs of students
- Build success with students in fostering civic responsibility and developing positive self-concept
- Have knowledge and experience with differentiated instruction and the incorporation of technology into the classroom environment
- Be experienced in the use of the California Content Standards in everyday instruction
- Have ability to perform duties as per specific job description and assigned by the Principal
WORKING CONDITIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Ability to stand and circulate for extended periods of time.
- Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels.
- Ability to communicate so others can clearly understand normal conversation.
- Ability to bend, crouch, kneel to assist students in pushing/pulling and lifting of musical equipment and supplies, sitting in chairs and/or floor and reaching in all directions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Periods of moderate to high-stress level.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience implementing educational programming and working with students as a teacher or instructional aide
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to school Principal, Monica Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Range: $300 per day.