Under the direct supervision of the principal, a long-term Substitute Teacher is responsible for providing academic instruction an appropriately safe, caring and enriching environment for children in TK/K through 8th grade while the primary teacher is off site. The Substitute Teacher ensures the program is supportive of the school’s philosophy, organization, and curriculum, executing the lessons as prepared by the primary teacher’s Lesson Plans assisting with the needs of students, and supports learning by creating an atmosphere where students are active and engaged.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING (and other duties as assigned):
- Facilitating the teacher’s lesson plans to create a cohesive and consistent learning experience for students.
- Providing in-class and at-home assignments based on the teacher’s lesson plan.
- Developing lesson plans and assignments consistent with the primary teacher’s past lesson plans.
- Overseeing normal classroom rhythms.
- Supervising in all areas of the school including in class, at lunch, during recess, and in corridors.
- Lecturing lessons with textbooks, presentations, and other learning material.
- Collaborating with lead teachers, assistant teachers, and school administrators.
- Collecting homework and organizing the assignments for teacher’s return.
- Promoting good behavior and high-quality engagement.
- Managing the classroom to encourage student participation, minimize distractions, and maintain a positive learning atmosphere.
- Adapting teaching methods to meet the individual needs of students.
- Meeting each class on-time.
- Giving details to the teacher about what happened in class.
- Respecting all school policies and regulations at all times.
- Attending Parent-Teacher Conferences.
- Submitting official grades after the grading period.
- Making sure that your classroom and work area are clean and tidy.
- Preparing a report for the teacher for when s/he returns.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and human relations skills.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, detailed-oriented, and reliable.
- Able to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with principal, pastor, parents, staff, diocesan departments, and the general public.
- Able to manage moderate levels of stress
- Ability to work independently and with a sense of immediacy.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus (internal and external).
- Ethical and discreet team player.
THIS POSITION SUPERVISES: N/A
THIS POSITION SUPERVISES (OTHERS): Children
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, or physical demands required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
Education and/or Experience:
- Previous experience implementing educational programming and working with students as a teacher or instructional aide.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders of the school.
- English, required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese) preferred
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Proficient at word processing, presentation, and electronic mail applications.
- Experience with school information systems (SIS).
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google applications.
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching, lifting, repetitive motion, bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, stretching, twisting
- Can operate standard office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, personal computer, telephone, and alarm system
- Can lift 10 lbs. in compliance with safety standards.
- Level of vision, hearing, speaking required
- May be required to work before and/or after school schedule.
- Must have an understanding and acceptance for the mission of the Catholic Church.
- Must support the teachings and values of the Catholic Church and its mission and act as a Minister of the Faith.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to school Principal, Elzabeth Trela at email@example.com
Salary Range: $300 per day based on education & experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org