Queen of Apostles School is located in San Jose, CA next to Archbishop Mitty High School. The staff is committed to meeting the needs of all students and expresses a Never Give Up mentality. We are seeking compassionate individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of children, while working in a diverse, warm, welcoming and vibrant community of students, staff, and parents. The individual should be able to foster expectations spiritually, academically, socially, and emotionally in the classroom.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Working with the principal, vice principal, teachers, and parents to create learning environments where all learners progress towards proficiency of grade-level standards
- Planning, preparing and delivering direct instruction that meet the needs of individual learners and their personalized accommodations plans
- Collaborating and assisting teachers in professional development opportunities and in using data to drive instructional practices and decisions
- Communicating with parents, regularly and professionally, about student academic progress and accommodation plan and maintaining accurate documentation of all communication with parents concerning their children’s progress
- Scheduling and facilitating Student Success Team (SST) meetings in collaboration with the Leadership Team, homeroom teachers, and families
- Creating partnership opportunities with Cupertino Union School District to provide our learners and families with additional academic support
- Credentialed teacher (multiple subject credential and/or mild to moderate SPED)
- MA in special education preferred
- Classroom experience and/or experience working in a resource program preferred
- The ability to partner with teachers, parents, and community members in a positive and supportive environment
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply: Interested candidates should review the job description and qualifications below and contact Stefanie Hoover, Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary Range: $61,000 – $97,000 per year based on education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com