This is a full-time junior high teaching position at St. Catherine School for the upcoming 2023 – 2024 school year. As a classroom teacher, you will be responsible for the planning, implementation, and assessment of the junior high courses that you will be teaching. In addition, the position requires homeroom responsibilities for the junior high. .
- Possess a valid California Teaching Credential OR enrolled in a program
- Ability to plan, implement, monitor, and assess a comprehensive academic program consistent with Diocesan and local site goals, philosophies and specific objectives based on assessment of student needs
- Active and participating member of a Catholic community is highly desired
- Enjoys working with middle school students of all abilities and be willing to implement learning plans to meet different learning needs with accommodations necessary to help them be successful
- Have knowledge and proficiency in integrating technology (the school is 1:1 Chromebook in middle school) to enhance instruction and motivate students
- Strong organization and managerial skills in your classroom
- Collaborative team player with faculty, staff and administration including weekly meetings with junior high staff
- Participate in curricular and extra-curricular school programs, assessment and development activities, student supervision, and meetings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills of standards, objectives, assessment material, and student progress
- Perform related duties as assigned (i.e. yard duty)
- Excellent communication skills with parents
Salary will be set by the Diocese of San Jose 2023-2024 teacher salary scale.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to school Principal, Mrs. Anne Nowell at firstname.lastname@example.org.