Mission Statement: St, Leo the Great School is a welcoming, inclusive, and diverse community where students encounter Christ in a rigorous curriculum that educates the whole child.
Position Description: St. Leo the Great is located in the Midtown area of San Jose. The school is walking distance from the Diridon Train Station and the future Google Campus on West San Fernando Street and Race St. As a classroom instructional aide for our 1st and 2nd graders, you will support and assist the classroom teachers with instructional practices daily between 8:00 and 1:00. This is NOT a clerical job.
The instructional Aide is responsible for the following duties:
- Following the instructions of the teacher to support the learning in the classroom
- Be able to work with and instruct small groups of children or an individual child in a specific subject area
- Be able to help, monitor, instruct a large group of students while the teacher works with a small group.
- Use technology as a tool for instruction
- Interpret and communicate assessment results accurately to the classroom teacher
- Attend field trips with the class as directed by teacher
- Willingness to learn and help implement Common Core Curriculum
- Run copies, use a collator, use a laminator and a die-cut machines
- Yard Duty for recess and lunch
- Learn to interpret STAR test data
- Perform yard supervision during recesses
- Other Duties as assigned by the Principal
- Bachelors Degree or prior experience working in a classroom setting is preferred
- Enrollment in a credential program is desired
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, PowerschoolApps, and internet is required.
- Ability to learn and use instructional technology devices such as iPads and laptops is highly desired.
- Willingness to learn and help implement Common Core Math and Guided Read programs
- Spanish proficiency is preferred
- Prior work with elementary school children is preferred
To apply for this job please visit dsj.org.