Under the direct supervision of the Teacher, the Instructional Assistant is responsible for aiding the teacher in achieving educational objectives. The Instructional Assistant, under the direction of the teacher, assists in providing a well-organized, smoothly functioning class environment in which students can take full advantage of the instructional program and available resource materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING (and other duties as assigned):
Classroom Management and Learning Environment
- Support the Teacher in positive classroom management and delivering effective instruction to all students, including in small groups and individually.
- Report progress regarding student performance and behavior.
- Assure the health and safety of students by following established practices and procedures; maintain a safe, orderly, and clean learning environment.
- Tutor individual or small groups of students, reinforcing instruction as directed by the Teacher; monitor and oversee student drills, practices, and assignments in various subjects; confer with the Teacher concerning lesson plans and materials to meet student needs.
- Maintain discipline in the absence of the Teacher.
- Supervise students both inside and outside the classroom where assigned.
- Accept responsibility for the safety and well-being of each child.
- Understand the principles of child development and education models.
- Exhibits flexibility in day-to-day school environments.
- Excellent organizational and human relations skills.
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- Able to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with principal, parents, staff, and the general public.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus (internal and external).
- Ethical and discreet team player.
To Apply: Please send resume to :Principal, Sally Douthit: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com