Saint Martin of Tours School, located in San Jose, is seeking a full-time Instructional Aide
long term substitute for the 2020 – 2021 school year. Position will begin December, 2020
Candidates must be dedicated to providing students an excellent 21st Century Education
where students learn foundational skills as well as how to gather, evaluate, and apply
information in their everyday lives. We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and
committed staff member to join our team. This position is required to organize, guide, and
encourage students to develop and fulfill their academic potential in a faith based
Major Areas of Responsibility and Tasks Include:
• Assists classroom teacher in providing academic support for individuals and small
• Assists classroom teacher with classroom management and behavior expectations
• Assist children individually or in small groups in order to help them master
assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
• Provide the classroom teacher with support in managing student work and
• Assists classroom teacher with organizational and planning support, as needed.
• Assists teacher with recordkeeping, such as tracking attendance or assignments.
• Assists teacher with preparation of lessons by getting materials ready or setting up
• Maintain the confidentiality of students and their families.
• Be supportive of a faith-filled Catholic environment in both words and actions.
• Under direction of the classroom teacher, assist with instruction for students with
diverse learning needs, and have a willingness to implement the necessary
accommodations in order to help them be successful.
• Collaborates positively with administration and colleagues
• Participates in all required school activities
• Cover assigned staff duties, including yard supervision, as well as other duties that
may be assigned from time to time by the school administration.
• Work cooperatively with the classroom teacher and other staff members.
• Be amenable to new ideas and flexible to changes in the program.
• Ability to work as part of a team with strong collaboration skills
• Experience in working with elementary school children.
• Have a strong work ethic and a passion for their chosen career in education.
• Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the learning process
• Works well with children
• Demonstrates flexibility, patience and a friendly attitude.
How to Apply:
Please email (1) cover letter and (2) resume to: Mrs. Debby Rodriguez, St. Martin of Tours
School, at email@example.com
Please note: Candidates who are invited to interview will be contacted to arrange interview