Saint Simon Parish School
Saint Simon Parish School is seeking a full-time instructional assistant for the 2023-2024 school year. Saint Simon Parish School is located in Los Altos, California, serving 500 students in grades preschool through eighth grade. The school was established in 1961 and remains a leader in innovative Catholic elementary education in Silicon Valley. We were named a 2021 National Blue Ribbon School in the Exemplary High Performing category. We strive to build a welcoming community, grounded in academic excellence, where students are guided by Catholic values, encouraged to discover and develop their talents, and inspired to lead lives of service. Interested candidates should review the job description and qualifications below and contact Ann Kozlovsky, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Principal, the Instructional Assistant is responsible for aiding the teacher in achieving educational objectives. The Instructional Assistant, under the direction of the teacher, assists in providing a well-organized, smoothly functioning class environment in which students can take full advantage of the instructional program and available resource materials. Medical benefits are available. for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING (and other duties as assigned):
- Support the Teacher in positive classroom management and delivering effective instruction to all students, including in small groups and individually.
- Assure the health and safety of students by following established practices and procedures; maintain a safe, orderly, and clean learning environment.
- Tutor individual or small groups of students, reinforcing instruction as directed by the Teacher; monitor and oversee student drills, practices, and assignments in various subjects; confer with the Teacher concerning lesson plans and materials.
- Maintain discipline in the absence of the Teacher.
- Supervise students both inside and outside the classroom where assigned.
- Accept responsibility for the safety and well-being of each child.
- Instructional Materials and Clerical Tasks
- Understand the principles of child development and education models.
- Exhibits flexibility in day-to-day school environments.
- Excellent organizational and human relations skills.
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- Able to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships
- Able to manage moderate levels of stress.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ethical and discreet team player.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma. Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Course credit in child development, preferred.
- At least two years of experience working with students, preferred.
- Previous experience supervising children.
- Sufficient training to perform tasks assigned by the Principal and/or Teacher.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- English, required.
- First Aid and CPR certified.
- Proficient at word processing and electronic mail applications.
- Ability to use devices common to classrooms
Sitting, standing, walking, reaching, lifting, repetitive motion, bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, stretching, twisting.
Can lift 10 lbs. in compliance with safety standards.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Can operate standard office equipment such as copiers, personal computer
Level of vision, hearing, speaking required.
For more information: Please inquire of the principal, Ann Kozlovsky
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com
Salary Range: $22.11 – $25.60 per hour, based on education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org