This is an Elementary Teacher position at St. Nicholas Catholic School in the Diocese of San Jose for the 2022-23 academic year. Our 17-acre campus offers an ideal setting to explore and learn how to be a confident, compassionate any caring student prepared for the future. Our team of teachers prides themselves on
working closely with each other to elevate their teaching practices. The ideal candidate must be dedicated to providing an engaging education in a rigorous, innovative Catholic School environment that prioritizes the Catholic teachings and serving the whole child.
● Possess a valid Teaching Credential
● Plan, implement, monitor, and assess a comprehensive academic program consistent with Diocesan and local site goals, philosophies, and specific objectives based on the assessment of student needs.
● Proven effective teacher of core subjects of Language Arts, Religion, and Mathematics. Knowledge/experience of Lucy Caulkins Reading and Writers Workshop or Responsive Classroom is desirable.
● Participate in our Catholic community.
● Enjoy working with students of all abilities, and be willing to make the accommodations necessary to help them be successful.
● Create a positive classroom environment while incorporating strong classroom management skills.
● Collaborative team player with faculty, staff, and administration.
● Participate in curricular and extra-curricular school programs, assessment and development activities, student supervision, and meetings.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills of standards, objectives, assessment material, and student progress.
Interested candidates should contact Jan Popolizio, Principal by email email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org