Mission: St. Joseph Mountain View students are inspired by a rich cultural experience of faith, service, and intellectual discovery. They are compassionate leaders, equipped to continue lifelong learning, serve their community, and respond with confidence to challenges and opportunities.
Vision: We are a diverse community rooted in the Catholic Faith, fostering spiritual development, high student achievement, responsibility to self, and service to others.
Position Summary: The Instructional Assistant is responsible for providing assistance to the teacher in achieving educational objectives. The Instructional Assistant, under the direction of the teacher, assists in providing a well-organized, smoothly functioning class environment in which students can take full advantage of the instructional program and available resource materials.
- Support the teacher in positive classroom management and deliver effective instruction to all students, including in small groups and individually
- Assist the teacher in maintaining a functioning classroom environment. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Classroom setup
- Bulletin boards
- Supervise students both inside and outside the classroom where assigned
- Accept responsibility for the safety and well-being of each child
- Maintain confidentiality over student and institutional information
- Support the mission of the Catholic Church and schools in both words and actions
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working with children in school settings.
- Exhibits flexibility in day-to-day school environments.
- Ability to interact and collaborate with both volunteers and staff
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong sense of initiative
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Strong work ethic and a passion for education;
- Ability to adapt effectively to feedback in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
Qualifications: Education & Experience
- High school diploma, Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 21 years old
- Minimum of two years’ experience implementing educational programming and working with students as a teacher and educational aide, preferred.
Qualifications: Language Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese) preferred
Qualifications: Technical Skills
- Ability to learn how to use word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and electronic mail applications.
- Ability to learn how to use school SIS applications (e.g. Powerschool and ParentSquare)
- Ability to use devices common to classrooms (e.g. cameras, projectors, etc.)
- Ability to operate a variety of office machines.
- Ability to monitor and support student iPad use
Qualifications: Physical Demands
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching, lifting, repetitive motion, bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, stretching, twisting
- Can operate standard office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, personal computer, telephone and alarm system
- Can lift books, files, or binders up to 10 lbs. in compliance with safety standards to a maximum distance of 20 feet
- Level of vision, hearing, speaking required
To apply: Send resumes to Christine.email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to Christine.email@example.com