Church of Ascension
The Faith Formation Coordinator (“Coordinator”) is responsible for the parish faith formation, including age-appropriate
catechesis, youth ministry, liturgy of the word for children, sacramental preparation. The Coordinator aims to help
children embrace the Gospel, grow in faith, and become missionary disciples of Jesus Christ. The Coordinator works
under the direction of the Pastor, and with catechists, volunteers, parents, and the community.
• Develops and maintains age-appropriate catechetical programs and sacramental preparation for children.
• Recruits, supervises, evaluates catechists and volunteers; provides training opportunities for them.
• Partners with families and the parish community in handing on the faith to children.
1. Follows diocesan guidelines for faith formation and sacramental preparation.
2. Develops curriculum and selects catechetical materials in consultation with the Pastor.
3. Plans children’s liturgy of the word, rituals and liturgical celebrations in consultation with the Liturgy Director.
4. Oversees the recruitment, training, enrichment, and supervision of catechists and other volunteers.
5. Facilitates regular meetings with parents for dialogue and support.
1. Supervises and evaluates catechists and volunteers.
2. Prepares the faith formation schedules and registration procedures.
3. Is responsible for the reservation of facilities for faith formation.
4. Oversees the collection of fees, the purchase of textbooks and other materials.
5. Maintains database (registration, family records, catechist & volunteer records, sacramental records, etc.).
6. Prepares and monitors the faith formation budget.
7. Is responsible for the implementation of the Diocesan Safe Environment program.
8. Develops and monitors safety procedures, pandemic mitigation measures, and emergency plans.
COMMUNICATION & COLLABORATION
1. Communicates regularly with the Pastor, attends staff meetings and collaborates with parish leadership.
2. Communicates regularly with catechists, volunteers and parents, and with the Parish.
3. Participates in catechetical cluster meetings, maintains relationships with the Deanery and the Diocesan
Evangelization Department, especially the Faith Formation Office.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. Master catechist certification or, at least, working toward this certification.
2. At least 5 years of experience in parish catechetical ministry.
3. Experience in leadership, management, and communication.
Strong verbal and written communication skills; proficiency in composing reports, letters, flyers, newsletters; ability
to facilitate workshops, training and presentations; ability to explain policies and answer questions.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, knowledge of internet applications and social media platforms.
The Coordinator demonstrates a history of effective leadership, good judgment, initiative, confidentiality and
discretion. Must be a practicing Roman Catholic.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume to Fr. Hao at email@example.com
Salary Range: $19.16 – $27.30 per hour, based on education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org