Facility/Maintenance Manager is responsible for the effective, efficient, and safe maintenance, renovation and upkeep of parish buildings and grounds. Main duties include supervising the preventative, routine and emergency maintenance and upkeep of the buildings and property for the church. Primary systems include HVAC, plumbing, electrical, security, fire safety, energy management, irrigation, and grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Assist the pastor in the implementation of the parish maintenance and facilities, security, safety, cleanliness policies, systems, and procedures.
- Collaborates with the pastor in developing a comprehensive plan to address the operational and maintenance needs of the parish buildings and grounds.
- Serves as a resource to the staff regarding building operations and maintenance.
- Monitor repair service calls, including oversight of the work done by outside service providers.
- Oversee the scheduling of regular preventative maintenance of all mechanical equipment.
- Respond to maintenance requests from staff.
- Work with the school facility manager, parish, and school custodians and/or maintenance vendors to help facilitate or complete facility repairs.
- Assist in readying the facility for special events.
- Provide setup and cleaning services for evening or weekend activities, as required.
- Oversee the Parish’s campus trash, recycling, and composting responsibilities.
- Assist with Emergency Operations plans and execution.
- Regularly inspect all work areas to ensure that no safety hazards exist.
- Develops and implements procedures to address problems that arise within the facilities, consistent with parish and Diocese guidelines.
- Maintains adequate inventory of custodial, maintenance and operational supplies.
- Respond to facility alarms, alerts, system failures, and Oversees parking program. Ensure compliance with health and safety standards and industry codes.
- Coordinate annual inspection of facilities with Diocese Risk Management.
- Exhibit flexibility in day-to-day school environments.
- Exhibit judgment and tact in performing duties with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational and human relations skills.
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- Able to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with principal, parents, staff, and the general public.
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma, or equivalent work experience in relevant area.
- At least two years’ experience as a Maintenance Worker, preferably in a school setting.
- Proactive communicator
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders of the school.
- English, required. Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese) preferred.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and willing to take initiative.
- Use basic tools to repair school facilities and equipment.
- Working knowledge of Workday, or willingness to learn.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; able to understand, learn and use technology-based systems.
- Must be physically present on campus grounds.
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching, lifting, repetitive motion, bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, stretching, twisting.
- Can lift 50 lbs. in compliance with safety standards.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Handles exposure to climate change and temperature.
- Level of vision, hearing, speaking required.
- Able to work evenings and weekends if required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and familiarity with the Catholic Church as an organization.
Salary Range: Contingent to experience & Education. Ranges from $23.50 per hour to $28.79 per hour.
To apply: Send your resume and references to Fr. James Okafor at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com