POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Principal, the Extended Care Manager is responsible for providing an appropriately safe, caring and enriching environment for children in TK/K through 8th grade who are participating in the before and/or after-school care program and for ensuring that the program is supportive of the school’s philosophy, organization, and curriculum. The Extended Care Director prepares activities, assists with the needs of students, and supports learning by creating an atmosphere where students are active and engaged.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING (and other duties as assigned):
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Extended Care program.
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment based on the safety and behavioral standards of the school.
- Train, manage, and supervise Extended Care support staff and volunteers.
- Plan and implement engaging, developmentally appropriate educational enrichment curriculum that expands and supports student learning experiences beyond the classroom.
- Collaborate with the Principal on all aspects of the Extended Care Program, including, but not limited to:
- Resource management
- Record keeping
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, and other professionals.
- Comply with security procedures, including attendance, pick-up, and emergency procedures to ensure the children’s safety.
- Secure/close campus at the end of each school day.
- Work in a team environment and encourages open communication regarding concerns/issues with children, parents, and co-workers.
- Prepare program materials.
- Maintain current and accurate records according to program policy.
- Collaborate with peers to enhance the work environment and support program effectiveness.
- Assist in maintaining facilities used by the program including storage of equipment and cleanup of area.
- Maintain confidentiality over student and institutional information.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and human relations skills.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, detailed-oriented, and reliable.
- Able to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with principal, pastor, parents, staff, diocesan departments, and the general public.
- Able to manage moderate levels of stress
- Ability to work independently and with a sense of immediacy.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus (internal and external).
- Ethical and discreet team player.
THIS POSITION SUPERVISES: Extended Care Assistant(s)
THIS POSITION SUPERVISES (OTHERS): N/A
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma.
- Course credit in child development.
- Previous experience implementing educational programming and working with students as a teacher, educational aide, after school care aide, and/or daycare operator or assistant.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders of the school.
- English, required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese) preferred
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Proficient at word processing, presentation, and electronic mail applications.
- Experience with school information systems (SIS)
- Working knowledge of Workday, or willingness to learn
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google applications.
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching, lifting, repetitive motion, bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, stretching, twisting
- Can operate standard office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, personal computer, telephone, and alarm system
- Can lift 10 lbs. in compliance with safety standards.
- Level of vision, hearing, speaking required
- Required to work before and/or after school schedule.
- Must have an understanding and acceptance for the mission of the Catholic Church.
- Must support the teachings and values of the Catholic Church and its mission and act as a Minister of the Faith.
To apply: Please send your references and resume to Principal Susan Grover firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com