St. Lucy School is seeking a part time Extended Care Assistant for the 2023- 24 school year. St. Lucy School is located in Campbell, serving 250 students in grades K– 8th. Interested candidates should review the job description and qualifications below and contact Sue Grover at email@example.com
Under the direct supervision of the Principal and/or Extended Care Manager, the Extended Care Assistant will assist in providing an appropriately safe, caring and enriching environment for children in K through 8th grade who are participating in the before and/or after-school care program. The Extended Care Assistant will assist in supervising children, preparing activities, addressing the needs of students, and creating an atmosphere where students are active and engaged.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING (and other duties as assigned):
- Assist in implementing the Extended Care program as directed by the Principal and/or Extended Care Manager.
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment based on the safety and behavioral standards of the school.
- Assist in communicating effectively with students, parents, and other professionals, as may be required.
- Comply with security procedures, including attendance, headcount, pick-up, and emergency procedures to ensure the children’s safety.
- Assist in preparing program materials, as needed.
- Maintain current and accurate records according to program policy.
- Collaborate with peers to enhance the work environment and support program effectiveness.
- Assist in the cleaning and straightening of the room and equipment before, during, and after the program each day.
- Maintain confidentiality over student and institutional information.
- Excellent organizational and human relations skills.
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- Able to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with principal, parents, staff, and the general public.
- Able to manage moderate levels of stress.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus (internal and external).
- Ethical and discreet team player.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as a role model of professionalism in a Catholic environment.
- Support the philosophy, policies, and goals of the school, as well as the decisions made by the Principal and Administrators.
- Ensure the health, safety, and welfare of all students.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the parent/student handbook and employee handbook.
- Work as part of a team.
- Attend faculty, administrative, and all other meetings as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma.
- Course credit in child development, preferred.
- Previous experience supervising children.
- Sufficient training to perform tasks assigned by the principal and/or Extended Care Manager.
Salary Range: $21.00 per – 24.31 per hour, based on education and experience.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to school Principal, Sue Grover at firstname.lastname@example.org