Most Holy Trinity School (MHT) is looking for a dedicated educator to help lead the continued re-creation of our school. At MHT, we lead with love, which means that community is at the heart of what we do. We are also part of the Ignatian Elementary Schools Network, which means we are committed to:
Serving the poor, praying the Examen and developing Ignatian Spirituality, continuing the Jesuit tradition of becoming intellectually competent, and developing & sustaining inclusive communities, all within the challenges of the modern world.
Since the founding of the school in 1965, Most Holy Trinity School has faithfully served Eastside San José by providing a loving, Catholic education grounded in the Ignatian tradition. We are part of Most Holy Trinity Parish on Cunningham Avenue and primarily serve East San José students. We seek to achieve educational equity through commitment to inclusive, innovative teaching and learning.
Most Holy Trinity School, a diverse Catholic Community, provides students with an excellent education and a joyful prayer life. We empower students to become lifelong learners who strive to reach their full potential as responsible citizens.
Vision for Students
MHT School students are future ready (high school, college, and career), are proficient in 21st Century skills (critical thinking, media literacy, communication, etc.), and possess a growth mindset. They are honest, responsible, empathetic, and compassionate.
The Extended Care Assistant at Most Holy Trinity School will assist the Extended Care Director with the implementation of a quality program that enriches the students spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally, and physically. The Extended Care program is a vital aspect of the school’s commitment to serving a diverse community as it provides child care to families who work outside of school hours.
The Extended Care Assistant will maintain a safe and educational learning environment for young children by successfully implementing the program curriculum and daily program activities. Daily expectations include: leading children in table activities, supervising snack and outdoor play, assisting children with day to day needs, maintaining a clean environment, leading group activities, and teaching the programs that are created by the Extended Care Director.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Implement a curriculum for Extended Care as directed by the Extended Care Director to ensure a quality experience for all participants.
- Work with program personnel to implement engaging, developmentally appropriate educational enrichment curriculum and programming which expands and supports student learning experiences beyond the classroom.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships through effective and timely communication with the Extended Care Director, other program personnel, and other building staff members, such as extended care assistants, custodians, teachers, and food service personnel. Work cooperatively and effectively as a team member by communicating and contributing information on a continuous basis.
- Assist the Extended Care Director in addressing the ongoing needs of the students and parents.
- Implement program procedures effectively to ensure the safe being of all participants.
- Observe, monitor, and participate in children’s play activities.
- Promote a safe and healthy environment based on safety standards set within the program.
- Efficiently redirect inappropriate student behaviors and implement the program discipline system to effectively monitor and guide proper student behavior.
- Support the emotional and social development of children.
- Report any concerns and questions regarding the program (students, parents, equipment needs, supplies, other staff, volunteers, etc.) to the Extended Care Director.
- Maintain accurate and organized records such as attendance records, snack records, timesheets, incident reports, and all other paperwork as instructed by the Extended Care Director to ensure program compliance and quality operations.
- Help prepare snacks for the children and clean-up the kitchen and snack area.
- Assist in the cleaning and straightening of the room and equipment before, during, and after the program. This includes washing tables, chairs, and toys, putting up chairs, and locking the building at the end of the day.
- Continue professional development by attending staff meetings and trainings.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
- Enjoy being with students and foster their spiritual, academic, social, emotional, and physical development through the duties outlined above.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Extended Care Program operates during the school year only on days that the school is open and in session. The scheduled hours of operation are Monday through Friday between 7:00am – 8:00am in the morning and then again between 2:30pm – 5:30pm in the afternoon. On days when the school closes early (Wednesdays and other days throughout the year), Extended Care hours will be the same in the morning, but will begin at 12:00 noon.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to interact and collaborate with both volunteers and staff.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and reliable.
High school diploma and minimum of two years’ experience implementing educational programming and working with students as a teacher, educational assistant, after school care assistant, and/or daycare operator or assistant.
Send resumé, cover letter, and a list of 3 references to email@example.com.
NON-DISCRIMINATION AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Most Holy Trinity School and all Catholic Schools in the Diocese of San Jose are mindful of their mission to be witnesses to the love of Christ for all, and admit students of any race, color, and nationality and/or ethnic origin of the rights, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the schools.
The Catholic Schools in the Diocese of San Jose do not unlawfully discriminate of the basis of race, color, and national or ethnic origin, age, sex or disability in the admission of students, the administration of educational policies, scholarship, and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs. Likewise, Most Holy Trinity School and all the Catholic schools in the Diocese of San Jose do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of sex, age, disability, race color and national and/or ethnic origin. (California Catholic Conference, March 1994, revised January 1997)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org