Saint Simon Parish School, located in Los Altos, California, was established in 1961 and remains a leader in innovative Catholic elementary education in Silicon Valley. We were named a 2021
National Blue Ribbon School. We strive to build a welcoming community, grounded in academic excellence, where students are guided by Catholic values, encouraged to discover and develop their talents, and inspired to lead lives of service.
We currently have an opening for a middle school English Language Arts teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. The position is full-time. The successful candidate is an energetic, passionate and diligent educator who wants to uphold the mission of the school and be part of this rewarding ministry of Catholic education.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plan, implement, monitor, and assess a comprehensive middle school English Language Arts program which is consistent with the school’s goals and objectives based on assessment of student needs
• Be supportive of a faith-filled Catholic environment in both words and actions
• Maintain and demonstrate strong classroom management skills in accordance with the school’s philosophy and classroom rules to achieve a productive learning environment
• Provide instruction for students with diverse learning needs, including accelerated learners and those in need of additional support
• Possess knowledge of the California Common Core Standards and experience with pacing guides
• Integrate technology into the curriculum regularly to enhance student learning
• Cover assigned staff duties, including recess and lunch supervision, as well as other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the school administration
• Maintain absolute confidentiality over student and institutional information
• Bachelor’s degree is required, and a masters is preferred
• A valid CA teaching credential is preferred
• Experience working with middle school students and understanding the developmental stages for this age group is preferred
• Have a strong work ethic and a passion for education
How to Apply: Please e-mail (1) cover letter and (2) resume to Mrs. Ann Kozlovsky, Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary will be set by the Diocese of San Jose 2023-2024 teacher salary scale. Salary Range: $59,000 – $94,000 per year based on education and experience.