Saint Francis of Assisi Parish
Under the direction of the Pastor, and in collaboration with the Director for Faith Formation, strategically plans, develops, organizes, and evaluates the Faith Formation Program for the youth. The Position researches and selects appropriate materials and media for programs and processes; designs and plans programs, communicates with parishioners, and parish staff, and keeps abreast of the current national trends and issues within faith formation for the youth.
Basic Duties and Requirements:
- Develops goals, objectives, and implements strategies for a comprehensive faith formation program for the youth.
- In conjunction with the Pastor, and in collaboration with the Director for Faith Formation, develops and faith formation plan for the youth that support a deepening of the Catholic faith for the youth that Is consistent with the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC), National Directory for Catechesis (NDC), diocesan guidelines, and parish needs. Oversees formation programs for parishioners between the ages of 10 and 18, including youth ministry and sacramental preparation. Directs the following programs:
- Confirmation Program
- ECHO (Middle School) Ministry
- IGNITE (High School)
- Youth Mass
- Youth Ministry Retreat
- Leadership Retreat
- Directs youth faith formation programs and oversees the performance of youth leaders in the implementation of the programs.
- Is responsible for the recruitment, orientation, and training of volunteers/youth leaders who can conduct the parish’s youth faith formation programs.
- Ensures volunteers/youth leaders receive mandatory “Safeguard the Children/Virtus” training; and establishes and implements appropriate training programs for youth leaders.
- Manages the yearly schedule for all youth faith formation programs.
• Knowledge of Catholic doctrine and beliefs as presented in the documents of Vatican Council II, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and other relevant Church and Catechetical Documents
• Knowledge of the multi-cultural dimensions of catechesis
• Ability to assess needs and use results to develop faith formation processes and programs
• Leadership and teambuilding abilities to direct youth religious education, faith formation
• Excellent planning, organizational, and collaborative skills
• Practicing Catholic with in-depth knowledge and training in theology and liturgy in the Roman Catholic tradition
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others
• Some background in marketing
• Computer literacy, excellent written, oral communication skills
• Working knowledge of management, supervision, and administration.
• Must have updated knowledge of educational and faith formation trends and practices
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Is an initiator; creative, and is able to anticipate problems and solutions
• Has good judgment in emergency situations and when working with varied personalities and cultures;
• Must be able to work under frequent interruptions
• Ability to maintain accurate fiscal records, and budgetary and statistical data.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel as required.
Degree in theology, pastoral studies, religious education, or a related field (master’s degree preferred)
Five years of formation experience in a parish or diocesan position. Related degrees and comparable experience will be considered.
How to Apply: Cover letter and resume may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay Range: $25.13 – $36.43 per hour depending on experience and education.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com