Holy Family Parish
Holy Family Parish is actively seeking an energetic, initiative-taker who loves youth ministry to assume the role of Youth & Young Adult Ministries Director. This position is a 30-hour position with the potential to grow into a 40-hour position. The most suitable person should possess good people skills, love working with youth and young adults, be organized, and have a desire to develop the youth programs. Experience with Life Teen and/or Edge is also desirable (though not essential). He or she must be willing to lead by example and share their love for God while collaborating with the community. If you are interested, please send your resume to Rebecca Mitz, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Being able to recruit and engage core team leaders and facilitators in support of the program.
- Being able to attract, recruit, motivate, educate and retain youth members in the junior high and high school youth ministry programs.
- Have knowledge and understanding of Scripture, theology, liturgy, catechesis, and adult faith formation.
- Demonstrate and model for our youth active participation at Mass and other liturgical services.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills, and be proficient in the use of the computer, basic Microsoft Office functions and social media.
- Must follow guidelines for youth ministry safe environment and meet the standards as outlined for the Diocese of San Jose.
- Being able to be fiscally responsible managing expenses and be mindful of fiscal budget
The Director of Youth and Young Adults Ministry is responsible for:
– Regular Youth and Young Adults meetings throughout the entire year.
– Community outreach opportunities.
– Collaborating with parish activities.
– Engage the youth in Sunday Mass participation, ministries, and prayer life.
– Will work closely with Faith Formation and Liturgy & Music Directors.
– Annual Fundraising Crab Feed
– Other proposed activities.
Education and Experience
Typical requirements are a college degree plus experience working with youth. Also desired would be either a Certificate of Youth Ministry, be a graduate of the Institute for Leadership in Ministry, or Certificate of Master Catechist.
PAY RANGE: $24.00 – 34.61 Per Hour based on education and experience.
How To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Rebecca Mitz – email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org