Canyon Heights Academy
Established in 2000, Canyon Heights Academy is a private Catholic school serving students from 18 months old through eighth grade. Located in California’s Silicon Valley, Canyon Heights Academy aims to educate the intellect, form the character, and inspire the hearts of tomorrow’s leaders. Drawing upon the foundation of RC Education’s Integral Formation methodology, Canyon Heights Academy emphasizes strong academics combined with moral and leadership development. The school is fully accredited by both the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA) and recognized as a Catholic school within the diocese of San Jose.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for providing effective administrative and clerical support for fundraising functions at Canyon Heights Academy.
The Development Coordinator should meet the following qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related area of discipline
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong administrative and computer skills
● Excellent interpersonal skills, allowing him/her to solve problems and work effectively with colleague and constituents
● Build efficient data systems
● Experience working with sales or donor database systems, preferred
● Experience working with and managing volunteers
● Demonstrated effectiveness at soliciting donations and/or various kinds of support
● Strong sales skills and customer focused
● Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced environment and understanding of the value he/she brings to the organization (especially during peak periods).
● Creative, flexible, thrives in a dynamic working environment
● Ability to meet deadlines and handle confidential matters discreetly
● Practicing Catholic with a great love and support for the mission of the school
Reporting Structure The Development Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
The specific responsibilities of the Development Coordinator are, but are not limited to, the following:
● Providing administrative support for the school’s fundraising campaigns including: communications with donors and committee members, mail-outs, surveys, forms, mailing lists, follow-up calls, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and more.
● Organizing events related to raising funds and/or recognizing donors; such as volunteer events, Walk A Thon, annual appeal, gala and auction, golf tournament, and more.
● Administering the fundraising databases (Excel, eTapestry, Greater Giving), including maintaining a current contact database (prospects, donors, volunteers, alumni, etc.) and accurately tracking contributions, sending statements, collecting receivables and pledges.
● Stewardship – Drafting and distributing donor thank-you letters, reminders, and receipts.
● Confirming and following-up on transactions (deposits, matching gift contributors, credit card charges, pledges, naming opportunities, etc.).
● Attendance at external events or conferences on behalf of Canyon Heights Academy
● Preparing regular development reports, Board reports, tracking progress, results and statistics. Keeping the Executive Director well informed.
● Works closely with the Business Office to ensure consistent information in all areas of fundraising.
● Assisting in preparing for and executing benefactor appreciation programs.
● Researching, drafting proposals and monitoring grant submissions to external organizations (e.g. foundations, corporations, etc.)
● Other duties as assigned.
The expected pay range for this position is $60,000 – $72,500 per annum. Canyon Heights Academy provides pay ranges representing its good faith estimate of what the
school reasonably expects to pay for a position. The pay offered to a selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as (but not limited to) the scope
and responsibilities of the position, the qualifications of the selected candidate, budget availability, internal equity, and external market pay for comparable jobs.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to the Executive Director,
Kevin Holman at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org