Sacred Heart Saratoga Parish is seeking a dynamic and engaging communication strategist to contribute to the growth and engagement of the Parish. A Community with strong roots and an excellent infrastructure to support further development and
opportunity for involvement is the perfect role to combine Mission and Professional Passion.
The Communications Strategist, in collaboration with the pastor and lay staff, is responsible for developing and delivering all parish communications. The person ensures that communications reflect the teachings of the Church, the mission of the Parish, the priorities of parish leadership, are accessible to parishioners and others who are seeking information with the intent to engage and motivate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Electronic Bulletin (The Parish Pulse)
· Develop understanding of six parish “Mission Groups” for content
· Coordinate staff messaging (weekly content from pastor, principal, and lay staff)
· Review content to assess the relevance and alignment with parish priorities and goals and drive the direction of content in furtherance of Parish Mission and engagement
· Edit for length, grammar, and style, add appropriate graphics and visual aids
· Send email blast to Parish constituents
· Develop the combined bulletin/worship aid
· Bulletin portion reflects information in the electronic bulletin
· Worship aid is developed in collaboration with the director of liturgy.
· Maintain and update the parish website to increase engagement and participation.
Event and Fundraising Marketing
· Work with Parish groups on individual event marketing and promotion
· Ability to drive success through promotional materials and creativity
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Strong understanding of Catholic teaching and parish life.
· Graduate of the Diocesan Institute for Leadership in Ministry (ILM) Program, or willingness to go through the program, or equivalent.
· Proven experience in written, electronic, and verbal communications for a professional organization of similar or greater complexity.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate, build alliances, and achieve results within the Parish
· Able to motivate community with creativity
· Fluency in English.
· Technical Skills: Word, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, Power Point, WordPress, Google Docs and email platforms.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Sitting, standing, walking, reaching, lifting, repetitive motion, bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, stretching, twisting.
· Full vision, hearing and ability to speak required.
The employee will work in a shared office space.
· This position works a 12 month schedule.
· This is a part-time hourly position.
· While remote work can be facilitated, some physical presence with the staff is necessary.
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to:
Business Office Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org