Position Description Title: Chief Academic Officer, Lumen Christi Academies
Reports To: Executive Director
EEOC Classification: Exempt – Full Time Primary Function Reporting to and collaborating with the Executive Director of the Lumen Christi Academies, the Chief Academic Officer (“CAO”) is responsible for developing and supporting strategies toward academic success for all Lumen Christi Academies’ instructional staff. Additionally, this individual will assist with continuous improvement efforts in all areas of our education program portfolio. The new CAO will be an integral part of the executive management team and is expected to have regular and strategic interaction with educational leaders across all sectors . This position is an extraordinary opportunity for a dynamic and visionary organizational leader with exemplary people management experience to play a critical role committed to developing students and enhancing their spiritual, educational and life’s journey. Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership for all aspects of Lumen Christi Academies’ instructional program, including academic standards, instructional quality, use of data/technology, professional development, and talent management.
- Champion and model the Lumen Christi Academies Framework for Teaching and Learning and provide ongoing support towards each Academy’s continual learning and growing
- Provide on-going support to principals to help them develop in their roles as instructional leaders.
- Provide oversight to ensure instructional lessons are consistently standards-based, objectives-driven, and effectively delivered with a focus on student mastery.
- Support principals’ plans for continual improvement of school culture and instruction.
- Engage principals in quarterly academic program analysis and manage annual and long-term school planning.
- Assist with internal planning to implement blended/personalized learning strategies as well as social-emotional learning initiatives.
- Evaluate overall program effectiveness based on participation and achievement of stated goals; recommend modifications to improve program performance or create new program offerings.
- Develop student-centered enrichment programs such as STEM and other innovative learning strategies.
- Manage outcome measurement process that ensures consistency, accuracy and timeliness.
- Oversee information gathering, compiling and analyzing of data and preparing and presenting reports.
- Actively participate in recruitment, selection and development of the instructional team of the Lumen Christi Academies.
- Responsible for the implementation and delivery of enhanced professional development for principals and teachers.
- Partner with school leaders to communicate effectively with parents and guardians. Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding leadership and management skills, particularly as it relates to building teams, promoting collaboration, managing conflict, goal setting, and holding people accountable.
- Affinity with, and passion for, the compelling mission of Lumen Christi Academies.
- Capacity to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems.
- Demonstrated success leading significant efforts to successfully close achievement gaps.
- Successful experience as a school leader in an urban environment preferred.
- Strong ability to plan strategically and then execute these plans with attention to detail.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the capacity to engage, inspire and motivate.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Possess the utmost personal and professional integrity. Education and Experience
- B.A Degree with an emphasis in education, or public administration. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience as a principal or school leader in a high performing school serving a similar student population to the Diocese of Oakland.
- Experience with designing and integrating new and innovative educational models.
This is a full-time position with full diocesan benefits. Please submit letter of intent and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Position open until filled. First review of applications: June 21, 2019