The Catechetical Director supports the mission of the parish by assisting the Pastor in carrying out his role as the chief catechist of the parish. The Catechetical Director works collaboratively with clergy, catechetical personnel, and volunteers to develop, strengthen, and promote authentic and effective faith formation experiences for children, youth, and adults throughout the parish. Specifically, the Catechetical Director provides consultation, support, leadership formation, and resources to those engaged in adult and family catechesis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
(other duties may be assigned)
- Oversee the day-to-day duties in religious education (Sacraments of Confession, Eucharist and Confirmation using textbooks/materials approved by Pastor)
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Supervise the catechists’ formation and ministry in compliance with the diocesan standards of security clearance and competence
- Cooperate with Pastor in developing comprehensive curriculum and connecting parents to the adult education program.
- Work with Parochial and Organizer Support Staff in registration process.
- Cooperate in a collaborative fashion with other members of the administrative and pastoral organizing staff
- Convene the Catechetic Board at least 4 times a year. Connect parents to catechists
- Hold flexible Tuesday – Sunday and be available to parents and other staff members
- Will be supervised by Pastor
- Will supervise catechetical teachers
- Will manage the diocesan protection of children program for children and catechists and work
together with the Office Manager to bring the program to parents.
- Will be available on weekends as demanded by responsibilities regarding on-going pastoral needs
- Respond to all calls, emails, and daily correspondence relative to catechists in a timely fashion.
- Arrange the schedule of the celebration of Sacraments in collaboration with the Pastoral
Organizers and priests
- Attend deanery meetings as directed by pastor
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, Strong oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English, ability or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree or strong background in developing and implementing adult catechesis, family ministry, and the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adult in parish or diocesan.
To apply: please send your resume to Father Luis Vargas: email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit dsj.org.