St. John Vianney Parish is currently seeking an Audio Visual Assistant.
JOB GOAL: Provide on going audio-visual support for choirs and groups using the church audio visual equipment.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic, great attitude and experience troubleshooting and setting up the projector, church laptop computer, sound system and other audio-visual equipment during Saturday Vigils, and Sunday Liturgies. The Audio-Visual Assistant would need to be able to set up Lyrics and Mass responses presentations, for liturgical purposes in platforms such as PowerPoint, EasyWorship or other the Church may require. Also, learn and help others to learn projector presentation software such as the ones mentioned above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in English and Spanish; ability to communicate with parish staff, clergy, choirs and groups utilizing church audio visual equipment.
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge of computers, related audio visual equipment, and technology devices in general.
- Working knowledge of software programs utilized for projecting lyrics and Mass responses during Liturgies.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with audio-visual equipment.
- Working knowledge of audio-visual equipment set up.
- Ability to train choirs and parishioners in the use of audio-visual hardware and software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by work assignments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (and other duties as needed):
- Follow all rules, policies and procedures of Saint John Vianney Parish and the Diocese of San Jose, along with state and federal regulations pertaining to church/technology issues.
- Ensure audio visual equipment or components in the church are working properly;
- Assist with configuration of parishioners, specially choir members devices as needed.
- Troubleshoot problems with audio visual equipment; assist users with utilization of available hardware and software.
- Organize and maintain software lyrics library.
- Organize technology resources for easy accessibility by parishioners and staff.
- Keep a log of problems and maintenance requirements for the church audio-visual equipment.
- Work cooperatively with the parish staff, and choir members.
- Perform related duties as requested by the Pastor or Parish Administrator..
Proficient in English and Spanish, good communication skills over the phone as well as one on one.
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.