This position is part of and reports to the Office of Life, Justice and Peace. It essentially handles the Jail Ministry and Coordinates the Respect Life Groups. There is also the engagement, as need be and plans made, of the Victim Street Ministry. The Office has an annual budget and has two grants. The office also directly engages with the California Catholic Conference regarding Restorative Justice and Respect Life and California People of Faith. The office also relates/collaborates with Directors and Coordinators in the Evangelism Department.
- Draw up schedules for detention centers visits
- Schedules and coordinate masses at the detention centers/jails
- Track volunteer engagements with the centers
- Monthly Report, using an Excel Template, to Catholic Charities
- In charge of all communication with the Restorative Justice Office
- Receive and process requests from inmates ASAP (emails, texts, calls, etc.)
- Coordinate Weekly reflections to be printed and delivered to Elmwood.
- Distribution of Pastoral Materials (literature, etc.) to Elmwood & Main Jail.
- Obtain Clearances for Volunteers: PREA, Proof of Vaccination, etc.
- Coordinate RCIA, Catechism, Sacraments, etc.
- Engage with the Hate Inclusion & Prevention Task Force (HIPTF)
- Update and report to the LJP Office.
- Coordinate all Diocesan Respect Life Events: Talks, Masses, Workshops, etc.
- Communicate and collaborate with the Respect Life Groups
VICTIM STREET MINISTRY
- Coordinate a prayer service at the murder sites (when deceased relations reach out).
- Coordinate with volunteer (Deacon or Chaplain) to lead prayers.
To apply: Send your resume to Father Angelbert Chikere at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org