St. Christopher School in San Jose, California, is currently seeking a part-time art teacher for the 2022-23 school year. Our school offers an educational tradition that is rich in faith, focused on academic rigor, and blessed with an active, involved parent community.
The mission of St. Christopher School is to develop faith-filled leaders who serve God, consider their actions and step up.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be supportive of a faith-filled Catholic environment in both words and actions
- Plan, implement, and evaluate appropriate art curricula and activities for students in grades 5-8
- Provide instruction for students with diverse learning needs, and have a willingness to implement the necessary accommodations to help them be successful
- Possess knowledge of the California Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) standards and experience with pacing lessons.
- Complete inventory and order art supplies for all grades (k-8) in a timely manner
- Use the school information system (SIS) platforms for the grade book, record-keeping, and parent communication.
- Have a genuine openness to grow and adapt effectively to feedback in a collaborative working environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A valid CA teaching credential is required; however, if a candidate does not presently have a valid CA teaching credential they will be required to obtain one within a time period prescribed by the Diocese of San Jose.
- Previous experience working with student athletes and holding a leadership role.
To apply: Please send your resume to Andrew Armann: firstname.lastname@example.org