The Adult Formation Coordinator is called to be first and foremost a person of Faith, supportive of the teachings of the Catholic Church, whose every effort should be directed to furthering the mission to witness to Jesus Christ’s presence in the world and to respond to the challenge of the Gospel message. This coordinator promotes the development of a community of faith by employing principles and techniques which encourage Christian community. The Adult Faith Formation coordinator, in collaboration with clergy and staff, thus ensures that opportunities for faith growth and education are available for every level to encourage all Sacred Heart parishioners, friends, and visitors to be more active Disciples of Christ.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Create a vision for Adult Faith Formation.
● Establish an Adult Faith Formation Committee that supports a lifelong deepening of the Catholic faith for the adults of the parish.
● Initiate, implement, and evaluate a wide variety of opportunities for the parish community. (Examples: Retreats, Educational Speaker Series and Workshops, Bible Study, Prayer Services, Musical Prayer Concerts)
● Coordinate with the staff in preparing Sacramental Retreats for R.C.I.A, and Adult Parishioners
● Participate in Diocesan Cluster meetings and maintain communication with the Diocesan Office for Evangelization.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
● Competency in providing leadership to assist the parish community in building a solid foundation for adult and family, family Christian living, ministry and outreach.
● B.A. in Theology, Education, or Religious Studies, preferred.
● Graduate of the Diocesan Institute for Leadership in Ministry (ILM) Program, or willingness to go through the program, or equivalent.
● Experience: At least 2 years experience in increasingly responsible positions related to religious education or experience as a parish faith formation coordinator.
● Computational Skills: Ability to read and manage a budget and contribute to building a budget.
● Reasoning Ability: Problem-solving and decision-making skills required.
● Technical Skills: Computer skills, Knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Willingness to learn additional programs, as necessary.
● Good communication skills
● Sitting, standing, walking, reaching, lifting, repetitive motion, bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, stretching, twisting.
● Full vision, hearing and ability to speak required.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT : The employee will work in a shared office space.
● This position works a 12 month schedule.
● Evening and weekend work is required
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com