Actively seeking a highly talented, experienced, and motivated Administrative Assistant for immediate employment to support the COO and Pastoral Planning & Implementation offices at the Diocese of San Jose.
We are seeking a collaborative, detailed-oriented self-starter to join our mission-driven team as a Administrative Assistant. The Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the COO and the Planning & Implementation Director (PPID), including serving as a key point of contact for internal and external stakeholders. The ideal individual will be proactive and anticipatory in their approach, possess excellent judgment in a variety of situations, demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills, assist in planning critical events, have a high attention to detail, exemplify an energetic, poised, and positive demeanor, and demonstrate the ability to balance multiple priorities and projects.
The position models a commitment to stewardship as a way of life in the interest of offering compassionate, collaborative, and professional service to all. The incumbent reports to the COO and PPID.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING (and other duties as assigned):
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following and other duties as assigned:
- Perform all administrative duties to support the COO & PP&ID, enabling them to be highly effective in executing their roles.
- Provide support in the planning and effective management of these offices by assisting in projects, creating spreadsheets, tracking progress, key deadlines and deliverables.
- Meticulous management of records for both offices.
- Manage the calendars of the COO/PP&D (schedule calls, plan meetings, etc.).
- Plan, coordinate, and ensure that schedules are thoughtfully and effectively constructed with an eye to supporting expressed priorities.
- Work closely with the COO/PP&ID to keep them well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Prepare them for meetings by providing preparatory information. Research, prioritize, and manage responses to incoming correspondence and requests.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between both offices and internal teams; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with staff.
- Frequently compose, proofread, and finalize complex correspondence, documents, meeting minutes, reports, and board meeting materials, using experience and judgment.
- Manage multifaceted program logistics and calendars for meetings and conferences, including arranging meetings, events and catering and setting up and breaking down meeting rooms for the offices.
- Answer incoming calls and respond appropriately.
- Other duties and special projects, as needed.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Has attention to detail.
- Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to exercise discretion and
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in an executive-level support role with demonstrated track record of success, project management experience preferred.
- Interest, comfort, and strength working in a mission driven faith-based organization and environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability and desire to help create a thought-leading organization
- Familiarity with financial documents and previous general exposure to the operational activities of an organization (IT, HR, Finance)
- Ability to represent the Diocese professionally; maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive matters with discretion and diplomacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including priests, principals, staff and others
- Self-starter; highly motivated and resourceful team-player able to manage multiple projects and conflicting priorities under deadline in a fast-paced environment
- Strong judgment; able to think and work independently, multi-task, prioritize, and follow through to effectively manage work flow
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy, protocol, and a commitment to high quality work
- High fluency with Microsoft Office software and proficiency using excel, PowerPoint, outlook, Teams/Zoom, SurveyMonkey, etc.
- Forward-looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Passion for the Church’s mission
- Flexibility and sense of humor
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, use hands in repetitive motion tasks, handle objects and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and be able to retrieve and replace files in filing cabinets.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Able to work evenings and weekends, which may be required occasionally.
- Able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with other members of the staff as well as with staff members outside the department.
- Able to multi-task and provide good customer service.
- Must support the teachings and values of the Catholic Church and its mission.
SALARY RANGE: $64,480- $72,006 yearly based on experience and education.
To Apply: Send your Resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com