The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for the daily operations of the parish. Administrative Assistant assists in ensuring the efficient day-to-day operation of the office and supports the work of management and Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Coordinate the collecting, counting, recording, and depositing in the bank the parish monetary (checks) collections- ADA, weekly collections, and other special collections. Recruit volunteers to help in the process.
- Record Sacraments in Books and Parish Soft- Baptism, First Holy Communion, Confirmation, Marriage, & Funerals
- Coordinate with the parish secretary and Catechetical Coordinator to initiate Sacramental certificates when requested
- Liaison between St. Frances Cabrini and other parishes for Sacramental paperwork
- Records staff meeting minutes and help to prepare the meeting agenda
- Coordinate the welcoming of new parishioners by preparing and sending welcome letters and other events for them.
- Assist the receptionist in covering the front office when necessary
- Assist the parish secretary in getting the bulletin and newsletter ready.
- Order supplies for the Church, Sacristy, and for facilities maintenance
- Coordinate with the priests and sacristans to know the things needed and when.
- Coordinate all novena’s (Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and All Soul’s Day) have supplies and announcements regarding these special collections.
- Repairs/Maintenance generated and make all necessary scheduling for quick repairs
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, or required attitudes.
Education and/or Experience: Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; plus 3 to 5 years secretarial experience including but not limited to transcription, document preparation and report writing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Proficient in English in all the following areas: Ability to read, analyze ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, clients, and parishioners
Technical Skills: Proficient in Email and Microsoft Office Suite, e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel. Has some familiarity with QuickBooks and Parish Soft. General willingness and openness to learn other needed skills.
Attitudes: Honest, trustworthy, respectful, detail oriented, be flexible and demonstrate sound work ethics, and self-motivated and reliable.
To apply: Please send your resume and references to Father James Okafor: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com