St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception School, in Los Gatos, CA is currently looking to hire a full-time Office Manager.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Principal, the School Office Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the school office and promoting positive public relations for the school. S/He provides integral administrative support to the overall functioning of a school and provides information, recommendations, and/or direction as may be requested by the Principal and various team members. Their duties are integrated into every aspect of the daily operations of the school, supporting students, parents, teachers, and the admin team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING (and other duties as assigned):
- Manage School Office operations, by:
- Developing school administrative systems and managing the school main office and its associated systems including, but not limited to:
- Maintain student attendance records; alert principal to student attendance problems; may contact parents to verify absence of students.
- Maintain staff absence records.
- Filing and record-keeping
- Maintain records and files for staff and student information.
- Manage School-wide communications including, but not limited to:
- Typing and distributing staff bulletin, school newsletter, school calendar, etc.
- Managing the school Website and/or social media.
- Screening calls for the principal, staff, students, and others working in the building.
- Receiving and distributing mail.
- Coordinate various school activities including but not limited to:
- Coordinating activities of parent volunteers; providing training; assigning and reviewing tasks.
- Maintaining current listings of volunteers.
- Coordinating with Parent Teacher Association on a variety of activities such events and fundraisers.
- Coordinating with the parish and chancery support personnel.
- Working with emergency responders.
- Participate in cash management protocol to support accounting segregation of duties
- Manage office equipment and supplies including but not limited to coordinating with service vendors.
- Promote positive public relations for the school by acting as a front-liner for the school including, but not limited to:
- Greeting, assisting, and following up with visitors, parents, students, and staff.
- Answering and responding to telephone, email, and in-person inquiries from students, staff, parents. and the public.
- Coordinating with vendors and community organizations.
- Support application, enrollment, and registration processes (if applicable) including, but not limited, to:
- Compiling data for enrollment and other reports.
- Registering incoming students and processing enrollment materials.
- Completing data input on computer.
- Coordinating services and information with sending/receiving schools cumulative files
- Completing procedures for students withdrawing from the school.
- Support and assist the Principal and teachers.
Maintain confidentiality over student and institutional information.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as a role model of professionalism in a Catholic environment.
- Support the philosophy, policies, and goals of the school, as well as the decisions made by the Principal and Administrators.
- Ensure the health, safety, and welfare of all students.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the parent/student handbook and employee handbook.
- Work as part of a team
- Attend faculty, administrative, and all other meetings as needed.
Vision, Strategy and Leadership:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
Finances and Operations:
Collaboration and Communication:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong managerial and administrative skills
- Able to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with students, parents, staff, diocesan departments, and the general public.
- Able to interact with school-aged children in a warm, confident manner.
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- Knowledge of first-aid procedures.
- Ability to work independently and with a sense of immediacy.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus (internal and external).
- Ethical and discreet team player.
THIS POSITION SUPERVISES: Office volunteers
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and/or Experience:
- AA degree, BA/BS preferred.
- Strong background in office administration.
- Five years’ experience with increasing responsibility in office management.
- Previous experience in a public-school setting or institution of higher education.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders of the school.
- English, required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese) preferred.
- Proficient at word processing, presentation, and electronic mail applications.
- Experience with school information systems (SIS).
- Working knowledge of Workday, or willingness to learn.
- Proficient with admission software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google applications.
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching, lifting, repetitive motion, bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, stretching, twisting.
- Can operate standard office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, personal computer, telephone, and alarm system.
- Can lift 10 lbs. in compliance with safety standards.
- Level of vision, hearing, speaking required
- Able to work evenings and weekends if required
- Must have an understanding and acceptance for the mission of the Catholic Church.
- Must support the teachings and values of the Catholic Church and its mission and act as a Minister of the Faith.
How to Apply:
E-mail (1) cover letter (2) resume to Principal Monica Hernandez at: email@example.com
Please note: Candidates who are invited to interview will be contacted to arrange interview times.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org