St. Elizabeth Seton School in Palo Alto, CA is currently seeking a 4th Grade Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year.
St. Elizabeth Seton School, sponsored by the Daughters of Charity, is a nurturing community in the Vincentian tradition. We provide holistic learning and a challenging curriculum to all students. At Seton, we believe that every child can and will learn. We work diligently to create supportive environments and to provide multiple opportunities for all learners to be successful academically, spiritually, socio-emotionally, and physically. We are looking for a compassionate and dedicated faculty member who believes the best in all students, creates an inclusive classroom culture by understanding that mistakes are opportunities to learn, and prioritizes parent partnerships.
This position’s instructional and supervisory responsibilities include:
• Grade 4 Homeroom
• Before and After School Yard Duty (approximately 2-3 times per month)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support and uphold a faith-filled, Catholic environment in both words and actions.
• Facilitate growth of students with diverse learning needs and be willing to implement necessary accommodations in order for the student to realize success and extend their learning.
• Possess knowledge of the California curriculum and content standards, as well as have demonstrable knowledge of Common Core Standards (including CA Common Core) and experience with pacing guides.
• Exhibit a genuine openness to grow and adapt effectively, to respond positively to coaching and capacity development in a collaborative, high-energy environment.
• Integrate technology into the curriculum to engage students.
• Use a variety of data to respond to student learning needs.
• Effectively and regularly communicate with parents and students regarding relevant classroom engagement opportunities, as well as student growth and achievement.
• Willingly perform assigned supervision responsibilities and after-school meetings and events, in addition to other duties assigned by the school administration.
• Assist with administration and analysis of standardized assessments under the direction of school administration.
• Maintain absolute confidentiality over student, school staff and institutional information.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
• A valid CA teaching credential is required; however, if a candidate does not presently have a valid CA teaching credential, he or she will be required to obtain one within a time period prescribed by the Diocese of San Jose.
• An affinity for working with children, especially the understanding of developmental stages within this age group.
• Possess a strong work ethic and a passion for the formation of young minds, hearts, and spirits;
• Possess a genuine willingness to grow and to be an active collaborator.
• Ability to integrate technology into education/curriculum regularly to enhance student learning.
How to Apply:
• Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: only applications submitted in electronic format to the above email address will be considered. Candidates who are invited to interview will be contacted to arrange an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com