St. Justin School is located in Santa Clara, CA. The staff is committed to our mission of welcoming, serving, and forming all children, with an emphasis on the all. We believe that we have a moral imperative to provide a seat at the table of God for all who desire a quality Catholic education. Everything that we do is always anchored with students at the center. It takes a village to live out our mission and that is why St. Justin prioritizes parent partnerships. The work that we do is about relationships in order to form children of faith, lifelong learners, and responsible citizens.
This position is full-time and eligible for benefits.
We are looking for a compassionate and dedicated faculty member who believes the best in all students, creates an inclusive classroom culture by understanding that mistakes are opportunities to learn, and prioritizes parent partnerships.
This position’s instructional and supervisory responsibilities include:
• Grade 2 Homeroom
• Sacramental Preparation (Reconciliation, First Eucharist)
• Before and After School Yard Duty (approximately 2-3 times per week)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support and uphold a faith-filled, Catholic environment in both words and actions.
• Facilitate growth of students with diverse learning needs and be willing to implement necessary accommodations in order for the student to realize success and extend their learning.
• Possess knowledge of the California curriculum and content standards, as well as have demonstrable knowledge of Common Core Standards (including CA Common Core) and experience with pacing guides.
• Exhibit a genuine openness to grow and adapt effectively, to respond positively to coaching and capacity development in a collaborative, high-energy environment.
• Integrate technology into the curriculum to engage students.
• Use a variety of data to respond to student learning needs.
• Effectively and regularly communicate with parents and students regarding relevant classroom engagement opportunities, as well as student growth and achievement.
• Willingly perform assigned supervision responsibilities and after-school meetings and events, in addition to other duties assigned by the school administration.
• Assist with administration and analysis of standardized assessments under the direction of school administration.
• Maintain absolute confidentiality over student, school staff and institutional information.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
• A valid CA teaching credential is required; however, if a candidate does not presently have a valid CA teaching credential, he or she will be required to obtain one within a time period prescribed by the Diocese of San Jose.
• An affinity for working with children, especially the understanding of developmental stages within this age group.
• Possess a strong work ethic and a passion for the formation of young minds, hearts, and spirits;
• Possess a genuine willingness to grow and to be an active collaborator.
• Ability to integrate technology into education/curriculum regularly to enhance student learning.
How to Apply:
• Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please note: only applications submitted in electronic format to the above email address will be considered. Candidates who are invited to interview will be contacted to arrange an interview
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org