Canyon Heights Academy is seeking a highly qualified, enthusiastic, motivated individual to teach Elementary School (grades 1-5).
The teacher has the mission of integrally forming (academically, humanly, spiritually, and apostolically) our students, while encouraging, assessing, monitoring, and recording their progress. The teacher knows, assimilates, and fully practices the ideals, principles, and teaching methodology of the school and carries out the job responsibilities with the awareness that he or she is above all an apostle of Christ.
● Maintaining a high standard of academic excellence in accord with the vision and mission of the school and the methodology of Integral Formation SM
● Planning, preparing and delivering lessons in accordance with the approved curriculum and methodology as described in the RC School Principles
● Maintaining curriculum maps; submitting yearly and weekly lesson plans to the vice principal
● Assessing student work and giving timely and appropriate feedback; communicating any issues to parents and the vice principal in a timely manner
● Implementing differentiated instruction techniques to meet the diverse needs of the students
● Effectively manages classroom and discipline procedures to provide a formative and positive Christ-centered classroom environment conducive to learning
● Fulfilling student supervision duties as assigned, directing student transitions between classes in an orderly manner
● Participating in regular academic/teacher meetings, grade-level, and departmental meetings; participating in all school-sponsored professional development, community formation, and open house events; planning and directing parent/teacher conferences
● Models effective teacher/parent partnership through timely communication with parents in support of student learning (e.g. posting of assignments, grades, conferencing)
● Models virtuous behavior in accord with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church
● Minimum of 1-2 Years Elementary School Classroom Teaching Experience preferred
● Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Education from an accredited college or university
● Professional License/Specialized Training: CA Teaching Credential preferred
● Practicing and informed Catholic in communion with the Holy Roman Catholic Church who knows and follows the precepts of the Church preferred
● Teachers who are not Catholic should be in agreement with and have an openness to the apostolic mission of the school and the method of Integral Formation.
Salary Range: $55,000 – $75,000 per year based on education and experience.
How to Apply
Applicants interested in the role are directed to please email Dr. Analiza Filion, Principal of Canyon Heights Academy, at firstname.lastname@example.org. With your formal application, please send a cover letter expressing your interest and resume.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com