The Human Resources Coordinator works as part of the HR team to provide related office services to support the smooth and efficient functioning of the Human Resources Office. The Human Resources Coordinator assists in recruitment, provides HRIS support to various location heads of the schools, the parishes, and the Chancery, handles general HR administrative functions, and performs other tasks as may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING (and other duties as assigned):
- Recruitment: Assists in the sourcing, attracting, and hiring qualified talent with the goal to fill job vacancies across DSJ’s various locations.
- Works with the location heads in the preparation of job ads.
- Places job ads in various approved job sites.
- May coordinate with recruiters or manpower agencies as needed.
- Interviews – conducts preliminary interviews as needed and arranges individual or panel interviews.
- Conducts background/reference checks and investigates on employee history.
- Administers compliance with the Bishop’s Charter related to employee background checks and tracking of employee fingerprint clearances. Act as the Custodian of Record with the Department of Justice (DOJ).
- Complete Live Scan forms for Chancery employees. Provides feedback on fingerprint results to location heads in accordance with law. Complete No Longer Interested Forms for the DOJ.
- Placement and Onboarding
- Prepares job offers based on given parameters.
- Addresses questions from candidates regarding the job offer.
- Checks on the status of the job offer.
- Processes New Hire Onboarding and conducts New Hire Orientation for Chancery Employees.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Provides focused assistance to the elementary schools in the hiring of principals, vice principals, teachers, teachers cocurricular, and substitute teachers:
- Ensures that candidates meet all the necessary education and teaching work experience requirements before official onboarding.
- Prepares Verification of Teaching Experience documentation to previously employed teachers.
- Collects the necessary education and teaching work experience documents.
- Determines compensation CLASS and STEP based on submitted education and teaching work experience documents.
- Prepares the employment agreements and routes them to all concerned signatories.
- HRIS: Provides HRIS support to various location heads of the schools, the parishes, and the Chancery.
- Monitors new hire processes, data changes, and terminations in Workday.
- Provides assistance to the HRIS Manager as needed.
- Performs HR Partner tasks in Workday for Chancery employees.
- Encodes and tracks in Workday all mandatory training (eg Safe Environment training), TB tests, teaching credentials, employment verification, 1-9, etc;
- Generates Workday reports as needed.
- Responds to phone and email inquiries from location heads and employees related to Workday.
- HR Administrative Support: Handles general HR administrative functions.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Provides assistance to other HR team members and other employees from the OPCVA office, the Payroll and Finance offices, and other Chancery offices.
- Prepare severance and termination packets for outgoing.
- Prepares the California New Hire Report of new employee(s) and submit (DE 34) Report of New Employee(s) electronically to the EDD office, semi-monthly.
- Facilitates the ordering, distribution, and posting of the annual compliance labor law posters across all locations. Personally, handles the posting of the posters in the Chancery.
- Reviews, forwards, or handles mails received by the Human Resources
- Maintains employee files including employment files of Chancery employees and elementary school teaching employees and
- Manages payment of invoices and processing check requests for HR.
- Monitor sand orders office supplies as
- Prepares HR correspondence, photocopy, scan, file, and complete other performs other clerical functions.
- Other assignments
- Assists in other HR initiatives like performance appraisals, benefits enrollment, etc, as needed.
- Completed special projects that may be assigned from time to time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to analyze and solve HR-related problems.
- Advanced math skills needed to compute salary information.
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years of experiences in recruitment is a must.
- Experience in other Human Resources functions is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- English, required.
- Being bilingual is an advantage
- Must be Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft applications.
- Knowledgeable of Google applications.
- With experience is the use of HRIS systems like ADP, SAP, etc.
- Actual experience in the use of Workday is a definite advantage.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, use hands in repetitive motion tasks, handle objects and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and be able to retrieve and replace files in filing cabinets.
- Able to work evenings and weekends which may be required occasionally.
- Able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with other members of the staff as well as with staff members outside the department.
- Able to multi-task and provide good customer service.
- Travel as may be required.
- Must have an understanding and acceptance for the mission of the Catholic Church.
- Must support the teachings and values of the Catholic Church and its mission.
To apply: Send your resumes to email@example.com
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $25.27 to $34.45 based on qualification and experience.