The Upstanders Free Virtual Film Screening with Interactive Q&A: Monday, October 25 at 5:30 pm, for our next Free Virtual Film Screening: THE UPSTANDERS with Interactive Q&A .The Upstander film is about resilience and the power of connection causing us all to examine our behavior, inspiring us to do better, be better, and stand up against victimization and cyber-bullying. Free reservations for this online screening will be available shortly. A faith-filled panel will be live after the film’s screening. We hope you can join us on October 25.
St. Elizabeth Seton School in Palo Alto, CA is currently seeking a 4th Grade Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year.
St. Elizabeth Seton School, sponsored by the Daughters of Charity, is a nurturing community in the Vincentian tradition. We provide holistic learning and a challenging curriculum to all students. At Seton, we believe that every child can and will learn. We work diligently to create supportive environments and to provide multiple opportunities for all learners to be successful academically, spiritually, socio-emotionally, and physically. We are looking for a compassionate and dedicated faculty member who believes the best in all students, creates an inclusive classroom culture by understanding that mistakes are opportunities to learn, and prioritizes parent partnerships.
This position’s instructional and supervisory responsibilities include:
• Grade 4 Homeroom
• Before and After School Yard Duty (approximately 2-3 times per month)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support and uphold a faith-filled, Catholic environment in both words and actions.
• Facilitate growth of students with diverse learning needs and be willing to implement necessary accommodations in order for the student to realize success and extend their learning.
• Possess knowledge of the California curriculum and content standards, as well as have demonstrable knowledge of Common Core Standards (including CA Common Core) and experience with pacing guides.
• Exhibit a genuine openness to grow and adapt effectively, to respond positively to coaching and capacity development in a collaborative, high-energy environment.
• Integrate technology into the curriculum to engage students.
• Use a variety of data to respond to student learning needs.
• Effectively and regularly communicate with parents and students regarding relevant classroom engagement opportunities, as well as student growth and achievement.
• Willingly perform assigned supervision responsibilities and after-school meetings and events, in addition to other duties assigned by the school administration.
• Assist with administration and analysis of standardized assessments under the direction of school administration.
• Maintain absolute confidentiality over student, school staff and institutional information.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
• A valid CA teaching credential is required; however, if a candidate does not presently have a valid CA teaching credential, he or she will be required to obtain one within a time period prescribed by the Diocese of San Jose.
• An affinity for working with children, especially the understanding of developmental stages within this age group.
• Possess a strong work ethic and a passion for the formation of young minds, hearts, and spirits;
• Possess a genuine willingness to grow and to be an active collaborator.
• Ability to integrate technology into education/curriculum regularly to enhance student learning.
How to Apply:
• Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: only applications submitted in electronic format to the above email address will be considered. Candidates who are invited to interview will be contacted to arrange an interview.
- This position is responsible for creating and maintaining a professional, business like and customer service-oriented atmosphere in the store
- Interacting with fellow employees in a pleasant, professional and charitable manner
- This individual is responsible for providing excellent Customer Service with a professional, knowledgeable, patient, charitable and pleasant manner
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for register sales.
- Processing credit and debit card transactions
- Make change and count money
- Opening & closing register
- Answer phone professionally with a courteous, pleasant and helpful attitude
- Keep Management advised of customer requests, problems or needs
- Developing a working knowledge of and familiarity with our merchandise
- Take on various related tasks to assist the business of the store
Other or shared responsibilities
- Keep Sales Floor clean organized and attractive
- Take on various related tasks to assist the business of the shop
Qualifications to perform the job successfully:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, and physical demands required
- Must be well grounded in the Catholic faith and culture
- Be proficient in English and have the ability to read, analyze and follow technical procedures
- Analyzing, interpreting, cataloging, problem-solving skills and decision-making capabilities
- Be able to effectively present information, answer questions and communicate with customers and fellow employees
- Mathematical, calculating skills
- Strong computer skills are required. Training will be provided for our current POS system
- While performing the duties of this job the employee must be capable of standing and walking for up to seven and a half hours daily
- Lift and carry 40 Lbs. Also, must be able to lift 40 Lbs. over a counter
- Able to ascend and descend flights of stairs
- Use hands in repetitive motion tasks, and handle large objects
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision
- The employee must be physically present in the store, and able to work cooperatively with other members of the Staff and customers
- The employee should be able to multi-task and is expected to adapt to a flexible work schedule
- A FT employee will work approximately 25 – 37 hours a week. A PT employee will work 14 to 18 hours a week depending on how busy the store is.
To apply: Please send resume to Theresa Johnson: email@example.com
St. Justin School is located in Santa Clara, CA. The staff is committed to our mission of welcoming, serving, and forming all children, with an emphasis on the all. We believe that we have a moral imperative to provide a seat at the table of God for all who desire a quality Catholic education. Everything that we do is always anchored with students at the center. It takes a village to live out our mission and that is why St. Justin prioritizes parent partnerships. The work that we do is about relationships in order to form children of faith, lifelong learners, and responsible citizens.
Extended Care Assistant will assist in supervising children, preparing activities, addressing the needs of students, and creating an atmosphere where students are active and engaged.
Interested candidates should review the job description and qualifications below and contact Maira Gutierrez-Folchi ❘ Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING (and other duties as assigned):
● Assist in implementing the Extended Care program as directed by the Principal and/or Extended Care Manager.
● Ensure a safe and healthy environment based on the safety and behavioral standards of the school.
● Assist in communicating effectively with students, parents, and other professionals, as may be required.
● Comply with security procedures, including attendance, headcount, pick-up, and emergency procedures to ensure the children’s safety.
● Assist in preparing program materials, as needed.
● Maintain current and accurate records according to program policy.
● Collaborate with peers to enhance the work environment and support program effectiveness.
● Assist in the cleaning and straightening of the room and equipment before, during, and after the program each
● Maintain confidentiality over student and institutional information.
● Excellent organizational and human relations skills.
● Self-motivated and reliable.
● Able to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with principal, parents, staff, and the general public.
● Able to manage moderate levels of stress.
● Outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus (internal and external).
● Ethical and discreet team player.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
● Act as a role model of professionalism in a Catholic environment.
● Support the philosophy, policies, and goals of the school, as well as the decisions made by the Principal and Administrators.
● Ensure the health, safety, and welfare of all students.
● Work as part of a team.
● Attend faculty, administrative, and all other meetings as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, or physical demands required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and/or Experience:
● High school diploma.
● Course credit in child development, preferred.
● Previous experience supervising children.
● Sufficient training to perform tasks assigned by the Principal and/or Extended Care Manager.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders of the school.
● English, required.
● Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese) preferred.
● First Aid and CPR certified.
● Proficient at word processing, presentation, and electronic mail applications.
● Experience with school information systems (SIS).
● Working knowledge of Workday, or willingness to learn.
● Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google applications.
● Sitting, standing, walking, reaching, lifting, repetitive motion, bending, stooping, crouching, climbing,
● Can lift 10 lbs. in compliance with safety standards.
● Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
● Handles exposure to climate change and temperature.
● Can operate standard office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, personal computer, telephone, and
● Level of vision, hearing, speaking required
● Required to work before and/or after school schedule.
● Must have an understanding and acceptance for the mission of the Catholic Church.
● Must support the teachings and values of the Catholic Church and its mission.