The Receptionist is responsible for the Church front office, ensuring the parishioners, visitors and callers are attended to promptly, efficiently, professionally. Will oversee the timely opening and closing of the parish office. Payments and collections are handled in accordance with established guidelines. Provides administrative support to the pastor, other priests and pastoral staff. Confidentiality is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
(Other duties may be assigned)
· Ensures the timely opening and closing of the front office every day.
· Attends to all incoming calls, parishioners and visitors. Warmly greets persons with a friendly, courteous and helpful attitude, providing pertinent and appropriate information to callers and parishioners and/or visitors. Takes/transfers calls and disseminate messages to concerned staff.
· Collects fees, receives payments and donations, issues receipts, prepares Sales Report at the end of the day and drops the money collected into the safe.
· Prints and issues sacramental certificates requested by parishioners.
· Prepares pre-numbered tamper-proof bags for masses properly labeled per mass time and date and places in sacristy before the mass.
· Maintains log of collection bags issued and provides copy to money count team prior to Monday count for reconciliation purposes.
· Coordinates money count volunteers and accompanies a volunteer to deposit collections to the bank.
· Maintains Petty Cash Fund and disburses money in accordance with established guidelines.
· Maintains inventory of office supplies, prepares purchase orders as needed.
· Distributes incoming mails and other related materials received.
· Responsible for the management and scheduling of facility reservations, baptisms, weddings, Quinceañeras and funerals and coordinates with the concerned parties/persons.
· Records sacramental information in record books.
· Provides administrative support to the Pastor and other priests and pastoral staff.
· Participates in staff meetings, retreats. Attends parish functions when possible.
· Ensures compliance and implementation of policies put in place by the Diocese of San Jose and parish leadership.
· Performs all other functions and duties as required by immediate supervisor and the Pastor.
THIS POSITION SUPERVISES: n/a
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and/or Experience:
· High School graduate, college graduate preferred.
· ILM graduate or equivalent preferred.
· Have a minimum of 5 year experience as Receptionist, preferably supporting multiple departments.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
· Have strong clerical skills to include: proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and ParishSoft.
· Candidate must be a Catholic in good standing with a love for the faith and an understanding and acceptance for the mission of the Catholic Church.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and handle requests from multiple resources.
• Detail-oriented, ability to meet deadlines, persistent, helpful, team player and personable.
• Have effective verbal and writing skills (proficient in English and Spanish).
• Have excellent customer service skills, caring attitude, high integrity and exercise strict discretion and confidentiality.
· Able to work evenings and weekends if required.
· Ability to interact and collaborate with both volunteers and staff.
To apply: Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org