Global Solidarity Team
Global Solidarity Team:
We commit to the Catholics Confront Global Poverty initiative formulated by Catholic Relief Services. We strive to educate, involve and mobilize the Catholics in the Diocese of San Jose to defend the life and dignity of people living in poverty throughout the world. We advocate for our legislators to act in response to the many faces of poverty.
Who Are We?
We are a group of committed volunteers: doctors, nurses, liturgists, fair trade ambassadors, teachers, community activists; all offering our skills and talents to assist parishes, schools, and our local community to embrace the values of solidarity with the poor throughout our world. We have traveled to developing nations and would like to share our stories.
What Can We Do?
The Global Solidarity Team (GST) will empower Catholics in the Diocese of San Jose who want to help confront global poverty. We will support and encourage prayer in support of the important work of CRS and provide the means to advocate with public officials for policies and programs that help poor persons and communities to help themselves. The GST will also assist the parishes and other Catholic groups implementing programs in support of this goal and of CRS.
Contact us. We're here to help!
CLICK HERE for an informative brochure.
- Deacon Steve Herrera, Chair: CRS Global Fellow, Immersion Programs
- Linda Batton, Staff Advisor : Diocesan Director of CRS
- Clarisse Balistreri: Communications
- Claire Collins-Kruse, Catholic Charities: "Welcome the Refugee"
- Brendan Cunning: Fair Trade Ambassador
- Janet Ferree: Human Trafficking
- Kevin Grimes, MD: Health, Education
- Elizabeth Lilly: "Welcome the Refugee"
- Anne Maloney: Fair Trade Ambassador
- Bill Perry: Fair Trade Ambassador; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Judy Swazey, Vice Chair: Operation Rice Bowl